Saturday, April 14, 2012

On Benen on fact checking Romney

It won't work, but, if I were you, I would contact Politifact and Glenn Kessler at the post. They are not listing over 10 howlers a week. Politifact definitely reports multiple instances of the same falsehood. To say something false once might be ascribed to misfortune, to say it twice after the error was reprted suggests deliberate deceit.

I'm pretty sure you won't get anywhere with them as being non MSNBC MSM they feel that professionalism requires them to give Republicans a break if the alternative is an unbalanced conclusion. But it's worth a try.

Also Bush hell what about Nixon. His campaigns are not on the web, but I have no doubt that by today's standards they were serious, honest and focused on policy substance. Someone should compare the public honesty of Romney and Nixon. I sure won't. How about Rick Perlstein ?

No comments:

Post a Comment